We are excited to run special group and family events. We want to provide the opportunity to paddle for fun, for mental wellbeing in a safe and relaxed environment. Connection with nature is what we need. Get on the water, learn or develop a skill and have fun with friends and family.
This web page is private and arranged specifically to take private bookings. Please do not share this page.
2 hour guided trips- there will be approximately half an hour each side to get prepared and pack up.
Participants must be water confident, and ideally should be able to swim (if you cannot swim please let us know- with social distancing we may need to consider the risk at this current time).
Stand up paddle board, Paddle and leash and/ or Buoyancy Aid (optional for over 18 year olds) is provided. We welcome you to bring your own equipment if you have it but will need to check the buoyancy aid meets health and safety requirements.
The sessions last for 2 hours on the water, and are geared up to teach people the joy of watersports. We require you to be water confident and it is desirable that you have paddled before.
Our instructors are all qualified/insured paddlesports coaches with bags of experience and an unwavering passion for bringing out the best in others.
We like to think that as well as learning something new, you are paddling towards a new lifestyle and once you’ve had a go, you’ll be hooked.
We can tailor the session to meet your objectives with our guidance of social distancing. We are very keen to support mental wellbeing- this is an opportunity to relax in nature, try out some basic yoga moves along with mindfulness. You are welcome to a swim at the end of the session too!
- If you are presenting with coronavirus symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough and loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) please do NOT attend. We are happy to rearrange the session.
- Please wash your hands before attending the session.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser to use before and after the session.
- Please avoid touching your face, nose, ears, eyes and mouth before, during and after the session.
- Please follow stringent 2 metre social distancing.
- Please bring your own small first aid kit for minor injuries you can deal with- plasters etc.
- We also advise to bring a drink and maybe a snack with you.
- We are able to take photos so do not need to worry about take electrical items on the water- you do so at your own risk. We can provide a dry bag if you need one.
- Please bring a glasses retainer if you need to wear them.
- Please bring any relevant medication including inhalers, epi-pens etc.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
All equipment will be washed and cleaned prior to the session in accordance to our procedures.
All equipment will be washed and cleaned before and after each session. All paddles and leashes will be left for a period of minimum of 72 hours before being used again.
These sessions will be based on the River Bure at Horstead and accessing by Horstead Church / parking by Tithe Barn.
Group guided session cost £35 per person. This requires a minimum group size of 4 people for the session to go ahead.
Please only book on to the event that has been agreed. This web page is private and arranged specifically to take private bookings. Please do not share this page.