|Updated 09 March 2023
Health and Safety Considerations
- Anyone with medical conditions must seek medical advice where appropriate or advised. Please let us know in advance so we can make your experience positive and beneficial.
- All participants should ensure you have an adequate level of fitness for activities undertaken. If anyone has any concerns about this, please contact us before booking and discuss it with our instructors on the day.
- Where appropriate all our Staff have the relevant National Governing Body qualifications and/or in-house training and hold a valid First Aid Certificate.
Liability and Insurance
All participants must be aware of the potential hazards involved with activities and accept the risks associated. Rooted in Nature CIC is under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to property. Participants are most strongly advised to arrange their own suitable insurance cover. Rooted in Nature CIC is unable to offer any form of insurance cover (other than public liability). Groups are responsible for the cost of any damage they may cause.
Rooted in Nature CIC accept no liability for additional course fees that may be associated to participating in a course. Most British Canoeing Course require you to be a British Canoeing Member which involves a fee of £47 for an adult. More information can be found here: On The Water Membership | British Canoeing Membership Packages There may also be additional costs for registration and/ or check in for training and assessment courses. Candidate course fees can be found here: 30052019BCABCandidateCourseFeesV1-5Feb23.pdf Your confirmation email will guide you in how to complete registration or check in as required. If you have any questions about this please ask before booking.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellation by the client
1. All cancellations must be in writing with evidence of receipt/ confirmation.
2. All deposits are non-refundable.
3. Cancellations less than 12 weeks before course 50% of full payment will be refunded or 50% will be charged.
4. Cancellations less than 8 weeks before course 25% of full payment will be refunded or 75% will be charged.
5. Cancellations less than 4 week before the start day no refunds will be made, or full amount will still be charged.
6. In exceptional circumstances we MIGHT be able to transfer your place to another course- this depends on availability of another course and the reasons for postponing. We may be able to offer a refund minus an administration fee of 10% of the total course fee but this is in extreme circumstances where we try to offer a compassionate response.
Cancellation by Rooted in Nature
1. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that courses run, we will notify the client first by telephone and then in writing as soon as practical where we believe on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to factors beyond our control i.e. dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the course.
2. All monies paid to Rooted in Nature CIC in respect of the booking would be refunded in full or offered an alternative event/ date unless the booking was terminated due to the client failing to meet the booking conditions.